Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Rayovac batteries - leak problems?

Stormin' Norman posted for all of us...

On Sun, 7 Jan 2018 11:48:17 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Monday, December 13, 2010 at 10:29:14 PM UTC-5, Jan Philips wrote:
I usually use Duracell or Energizer batteries. I got some Rayovac
batteries because they were cheaper. I figured that they were about
the same, and you are paying for Duracell and Energizer advertising. I
had the Rayovac batteries in two Maglite flashlights. Both started
getting dim, so I opened them up to change the batteries. The Rayovac
batteries had leaked and ruined the flashlights. I contacted Rayovac
- they said that they were reimbursing me for the flashlights and
today I received new batteries from them.

I'm afraid to use the replacement Rayovac batteries - they might leak
and ruin something else. Do Rayovac batteries have problems with
leaking?
--
Replace you know what by j to email

I have had 2 flashlights get ruined in the last year from these junk batteries. I bought a frogsleggs from amazon for 20$ and the 2024 date batteries have corrode the whole unit. I am calling Mon. to see what they will do. Back to Duracell.

All the consumer grade batteries seem to leak over time. I discovered
that Ray-O-Vac is really good about replacing devices damaged by their
leaking batteries.

So far they replaced three damaged, somewhat expensive Petzl brand
headlamps for me.

If someone has found a brand of battery that doesn't leak, I would
like to know what it is.

This discussion is very timely for me. I've just had to replace a bunch of
Duracell batteries because they leak. I've switched to Energizer but to my
observation they don't last as long as Duracell. I never had exceptional
experiences with Rayovac. It's hard to compare quality/life equally because
of the randomness of use. I am slowly going to rechargeable.

--
Tekkie