C.K.

Default Help upgrading Service panel from 60A to 125A, please.

In article ,
says...

"Bytolier" wrote in message
news:emV0YW4=.6f1136b7f37dfa49e80cb1c4a667f212@106 9990714.cotse.net...
TimS wrote:

I hate to see pros blow off guys with simple questions with 'call a

pro',
but....

Your 'step by step' request is actually impossible, based on the 711

page
book I have to operate by.

Make sure as many as possible individual circuits are up to snuff, buy

the
same brand panel so your breakers can move from old to new,

(respectfully)
manage the inspection process yourself, and bite the bullet and hire a
master to guide and handle the actual service swap.

I will guide a homeowner on his permit, nothing wrong with that, but I

can't
do it blind.

Tim S.

Thank you for the good intentions, Tim.

I have done many many things in my life that a "Pro" insisted they can
only do.

good for you. me, I'd rather let someone else handle the live 120V/2000A
wires...

changing your main is not a DIY job

Another thing to consider. The local utility may not energize the box
unless the work is inspected and approved by a licensed electrician.