Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] glernthornton@gmail.com is offline

Default Downspouts into 4" Drain Pipe

On Saturday, March 13, 2010 at 3:59:18 PM UTC-6, Eric Keller wrote:
My first post to this group so please forgive me if this has been
asked and answered.

I plan on burying my downspouts and having them merge into one 4"
drain pipe. The discharge will be at a nice point far from my house.
The length will be about 200 ft from the first downspout to the
discharge. There will be a total of 4 downspouts merging into the same
line.

My question is: How many downspouts can I run into a single 4" PVC
pipe within the 200 ft length? I live near Chicago and we get plenty
of rain.

Thanks.