Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Windscreen washer jet tool

"jkn" wrote in message
On Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 11:15:32 PM UTC, Roger Hayter wrote:
jim k wrote:

"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:
Found this
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Draper-Wi...-Tool-Jet-Clea
ning-Expert-Vehicle-03322/132353487776?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

But its not cheap for something that simple and for some reason I
cant
find anything on aliexpress or amazon, presumably because they use a
different description. Anyone with a better idea of name to use ?

Fuse wire.

With primus stoves there used to be a device called a pricker. A
mounted stiff wire with a handle at right angles. If you try a range of
flex you may find one with the right diameter strands.

I bought a few old prickers on eBay a while ago. I inherited my Dad's old
primus stoves and have a fondness for them.

But for things like the OP's query (I can't believe I'm replying to Rod
Speed!)
I use short lengths of old electric guitar strings. You can glue them into
a cork for a handle, or similar. The strings have a bit more flexibility
than a needle, which can help.

Its actually much worse, but I should have made it clear that
I normally want to adjust where the jet is pointing, not clean it.

The tool I listed does both better than any of the alternatives.

I'm just surprised that the chinese havent done any copys.

Bet they have, just call them something different.