Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default electricians

Having said that though, her aggravation is justified, itit should have been
directed at the bodgers who fitted the system, and yes its mean as I found
out the other day, a local supposedly well appointed home has stopped
residents using the advertises wifi as they claim they are all streaming
films and using Amazon Echo devices. They now cut the link after a couple of
hours and require them to go to admin and get a new password. of course
this is really impossible so they now have to have their own broadband
installed as well, and many are trying to take the home to task about
advertising free wifi when its so limited.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
This was a sheltered housing scheme in Nottingham. We look after the
communal TV system.
The last time we were there was because the mains sockets in the hallways
had been changed by the electricians for ones with keys so that the
tenants can't plug scooters in (how mean is that?). They'd installed these
sockets in the old back boxes and there wasn't enough room so the cables
were crushed and shorted out. TV was off for 5 days last time and it's
happened again. This time the electrician was installing these new sockets
in surface mounted steel backboxes and he managed to blow all the fuses
leaving them with no TV. When we switched the RCD back on one of the
tenants saw sparks flying out of the front of one of the mains sockets. I
think it was a bit of a shock for the old lady on her scooter when the
wall started sparking!
Electricians that can't even install mains sockets without ****ing it up!
One of the old ladies threatened to sue both us and the housing
association cause she'd missed 5 days of TV last time, seriously. Gave her
a right ear full in front of some other tenants. They later told me that
she's a well-known crack pot.

Bill