Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Local water supply

Don't know I'd have hoped they actually cleaned it as well.
Could there be a leak somewhere that is only noticed when the water table
is low?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
news
In a past life, I was quite involved in the water supply and drainage, but
this puzzles me....

Our village is fed from a water tower, built on a hill. Every few months
our normally good supply pressure drops for several hours, then comes back
to normal - I'm just curious as to why this might happen?

Our electric shower still has enough pressure to work, but at a reduced
flow rate. My best guess is that every so often, they deliberately allow
the stored water in the tower to run down to ensure it is fully flushed so
as to avoid Legionaires or similar. Anyone able to confirm that they do
this sort of thing on a regular basis?