Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ACBs for the KMB1

On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 11:39:22 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

Anybody just happen to have a set of new old stock Fafnir MM9306WI2 DUH
ACBs they'ld sell relatively cheap? I see one on Ebay, but its not
clear if its one bearing or a set.

I replaced the set on the X and its so smooth its scary. It really
drew attention to the fact that the Y is not as smooth as it should be.

I guess I can't complain. The machine is over 35 years old.

Timken replacements are pretty expensive. RHPs are a little less. If I
have to buy them I have to buy them, but that doesn't stop me from
shopping around a bit first. Most MFGs don't seem to have the size at
all. 20 x 47 x 15.88 heavy preload.

Boca has a set that says light preload, but I'm not sure that's a good
idea.

Bob...CALL these people. Ask for an engineer.

https://www.vxb.com/

some of the best bearing prices Ive ever seen..and I buy a lot of
bearings.

They have everything from Grade 9 Swiss to 10 for a buck Chicom
bearings. Im sure they will be able to take care of you well enough.

Im in there at least 2x a month.

Gunner

---