Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default value?

In article 20180107170703.64ada2bf@Mars,
Rob Morley wrote:
On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 12:27:33 +0000 (GMT)
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

A Mini heater in good nick worked very well.

They worked, but "very well" is an exaggeration.

My very first Mini heater got the vehicle hot enough.

It's a common thing to blame a poorly maintained unit on bad design.

That's not what I did - an ineffectual Mini heater could be cleaned out
and restored to functionality, but it would struggle to keep the
windscreen clear in unfavourable conditions.

Early Minis had fug stirrers. You generally need a fresh air heater for
best demisting.

But I assumed you were talking about heating the vehicle.

--
*Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.