Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rayovac batteries - leak problems?

On Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 1:48:21 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Monday, December 13, 2010 at 10:29:14 PM UTC-5, Jan Philips wrote:
I usually use Duracell or Energizer batteries. I got some Rayovac
batteries because they were cheaper. I figured that they were about
the same, and you are paying for Duracell and Energizer advertising. I
had the Rayovac batteries in two Maglite flashlights. Both started
getting dim, so I opened them up to change the batteries. The Rayovac
batteries had leaked and ruined the flashlights. I contacted Rayovac
- they said that they were reimbursing me for the flashlights and
today I received new batteries from them.

I'm afraid to use the replacement Rayovac batteries - they might leak
and ruin something else. Do Rayovac batteries have problems with
leaking?
--
Replace you know what by j to email

I have had 2 flashlights get ruined in the last year from these junk batteries. I bought a frogsleggs from amazon for 20$ and the 2024 date batteries have corrode the whole unit. I am calling Mon. to see what they will do.. Back to Duracell.

You're too late. 7 years ago, Jan Philips was kidnapped by giant mutant gerbils from outer space. Air Force jets were unable to catch up with the flying saucer and it's feared that the giant mutant gerbils ate Jan after using him as a sex slave. The gerbils weren't able to figure out if Jan was a male or a female so they mated with him anyway. Giant mutant space gerbils like to play with their food. Jan is survived by a wife, 3 ex-wives, 24 children, 8 dogs, 13 cats, 5 ferrets, a herd of zebra and 469 Earth gerbils. The little Earth gerbils really miss him. It was a tragic horrifying loss for Jan's family. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster