Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default My 30 Second Thin Strip Cutting Jig

On Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 2:26:13 PM UTC-5, Unquestionably Confused wrote:
On 1/7/2018 12:45 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
In this video, they explain how to make a thin strip cutting jig in
about 30 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yR9gZHPluo

After watching it, I made one in about 30 seconds.

https://i.imgur.com/dptVSlV.jpg

A quick sanding of the dumb end of my feather board and I was done.

Very good, but with the dumb end already rounded, is it really necessary
to put a point on it? Without touching the dumb end, you'll wind up
with minimal contact with the work piece regardless.

I felt more drag than I wanted with the rounded end. The point seems smoother. Maybe
it's just my imagination or perhaps the original positioning.

Besides, I got to use the combo bench sander that the kids got me for Christmas. ;-)