Dave Liquorice

Default Cutting Kitchen Worktop

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 17:41:14 +0000, PoP wrote:

Just as an aside, I cut a 38mm worktop today. It was a 3m length and
I needed something shorter.

Did this the other week in the car park of Focus (the beggers seem to
be removing all those nice big sheet saws from the stores...). A rough
cut to get the two lengths I require and to fit it into the car.

Used an ordinary hand saw, laminate on top, minimal chipping fairly
straight across but wanders a bit on the thickness. The proper cuts
will use a new laminate/worktop blade in a jigsaw guided by a batten
clamped (or maybe screwed to the underside if I cut from the
underside) and taken slowly letting the saw do the work not pushing it
at all.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail