Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Some Stuff.....

On 1/7/18 10:24 AM, Sonny wrote 4 Pics of the roughed astragal. Still
need to do some finish
sanding. Also, the T aspect is a tab thick, to fit between the
doors. More/finish sanding is needed, there. Scroll right from
Pic 1) Proposed profile, Pics 2 & 3) shaped, Pic 4) the length
(82").
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/

I'm concerned about the thin section of the T.
The grain orientation makes it very easy to snap right off.
If you want to guard against that, you could easy cut the T off, cut a
slot unto the bulk of the astragal, and insert a strip of wood with the
grain running straight.

However, if the astragal is going to be glued permanently to one door,
it's probably not an issue.

Good work on it, it looks great.

--

-MIKE-