Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Some Stuff.....

On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 11:29:43 PM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:

....snip..

I had to glue the cutoff back on, so now I have to wait, until tomorrow,
to circle saw the proper lines. Two pics- the stock and the glued
assembly:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/

That's a lot of clamps!

When I needed to laminate thin strips onto a board to create a matching "side
grain" I used thicker pieces of wood as sort of cauls so that I could use
fewer clamps. In this image I am laminating both edges of the wider board
with an ~1/8 strip. (laminate can be seen peeking out near the left most
clamp).

I covered the cauls with clear packing tape to prevent the clue from getting
on them.

Would that method have worked for you, eliminating the need for so many
clamps?

....snip...

Sports etiquette question - NFL Playoffs: Are you suppose to start
drinking before the game starts or do you wait for the game to start, then
start drinking? I've always been of the mind, if you're not doing the
cooking, you can start drinking before the game starts. Go Saints!

What does the cooking or start of the game have to do with it? Start
drinking whenever the urge hits you. ;-) Go Bills!