Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default LED indicator for 240V power

Well, I'd have thought the obvious next step was to see if 240 v is present
where you expect it.
I would have thought if they are switching mains motors, they might well be
using some kind of controller or set of relays, and that is where I'd expect
issues. On the other hand it is entirely possible that the fans might be not
running on mains at all, they might be being powered by some kind of power
supply module. I think one needs to find out what the technology is if one
can first then see if voltages that one would expect are present. After all
the leds are probably fed from something low voltage in the first place.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"David" wrote in message
Just starting to work on the extractor hood fan that failed over
Christmas.

It is a LAM2502/3 as detailed here

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/h...content/media/
library/pdf/2591.pdf

There is a 5 button control panel at the front of the hood.

Light push on/push off (works)
Cancel Fan (mechanical)
Fan 1
Fan 2
Fan 3
LED to indicate fan is on. (although you can hear it)

Each fan switch mechanically cancels whatever other fan switch was pushed
in.

The symptoms a

Light works

Fan does not work on any setting but LED comes on when any of the 3
buttons are pushed.

Suggestions so far have been the fan or the control panel. There were no
obvious graunching noises from the fan to suggest impending failure.

My specific query is this; if the LED comes on does that mean there is
240V coming out of the control panel after the switch?

I ask this because if the control panel is working then I can save a
degree of messing about taking the panel out and poking it with a meter.

As far as I can see so far there is a little circuit board with the LED
on, and 3 wires, 2 black and 1 white, all of which go back up the wiring
harness towards the motor and lights.

There are 3 wires black,red, purple which go into the three fan switches

There is an orange wire which goes into the light switch.

There is a light blue wire which disappears beneath these other wires.

My initial assumption (without stripping down further) is that the blue
goes to some kind of common power rail and the other wires are the returns
to the lights and the fan.

Given that the LED connections go back up the wiring harness I am guessing
that they are connected to the motor.

If all this is correct then it looks as though the problem may be with the
motor; just hoping to check my assumptions before getting further covered
in old grease.

Cheers

Dave R

---