Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Some Stuff.....

Finally warmed enough to get into the shop, though still had to use the torpedo heater. Hope all of you northern folks are doing well, with your terrible weather conditions.

I noticed the "breeze" in the shop was pronounced. I had never finished the remodel of west-side gable end (attic area). I had covered that area with visqueen and it had deteriorated, hence it was open to the weather. My heat was escaping through the gable end attic. Yesterday and today, I replaced the visqueen and cut and primed the T1-11 to finish the siding, of that top area. Tomorrow, I will paint the T1-11 and hopefully install it, if I can finish the framing. The old stud framing is 2' on centers. I want 16" on centers. I'll take pics of these goings on, tomorrow.

I had initially (yesterday) gone into the shop to make a "T" astragal, for the doors of the telescope room. This evening I started that project.... pulled out some 3"X3" (*eyeball measuring) cypress stock and squared it on the jointer. Shaping the astragal profile stock proved to be a discovery of a screw-up. One end of the stock was 3"X3" and the other end was 3.25" X 3.25" (the result of the eyeball, only, measuring), which screwed up my table saw cutting, along the assumed appropriate lines. I had to glue the cutoff back on, so now I have to wait, until tomorrow, to circle saw the proper lines. Two pics- the stock and the glued assembly:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/

This evening I did some more work on the cypress chairs. Scroll left for the sequence of pics.
Pic 1- the latest notched seat, Pic 2 - partial contour of another seat, and Pic 3 - two sets of legs, one contoured and the other not. All-in-all, a work in progress, slowly, but it's getting there.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/

Yesterday and today was fairly productive and hope to continue tomorrow.

Sports etiquette question - NFL Playoffs: Are you suppose to start drinking before the game starts or do you wait for the game to start, then start drinking? I've always been of the mind, if you're not doing the cooking, you can start drinking before the game starts. Go Saints!

Sonny