Posted to sci.electronics.repair
The Real Bev[_2_] The Real Bev[_2_] is offline

Default SOLVED -- FreedomPop Franklin 850 Hotspot Woes

On 12/31/2017 10:04 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
Motorola Moto G5 Android 7 single-SIM phone with a cheap prepaid
T-Mobile SIM. When I added the $20 500-MB/month-free-data-for-life
hotspot, the hotspot took over the 'phone' function and, being wifi
only, can't perform it. It provides wifi just fine, but I can't make
voice calls using the T-Mobile 'phone'.

Something Freedompop-related (I assume, since FP was the only thing that
used it) installed a 'Messaging' app which caused the problem. Deleted
it and everything works now, including the hotspot the way it's supposed to.

Their customer service sucks badly, but their SIM (in a different phone)
and hotspot (works with 3 different devices so far) actually work once
you get organized!

--
Cheers, Bev
"...and then I'll become a veterinarian because I love children."