Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_3_] Dan Espen[_3_] is offline

Default Repairing Chain Link Fence

Brian Wraith writes:

On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 10:40:33 AM UTC-8, Dan Espen wrote:
Brian Wraith writes:

I have a number of sections of chain link fence where invasive
trees have been allowed to grow and have blended with the chain
link.

I have cut down the trees above the fence and cut them off below
the chain link. The only practical way of getting the tree
remnants out of the chain link is to remove short sections of fence
and splice in new pieces. Some of the trees are 6 - 10 inches in
diameter and have blended with the fence along the entire 5 foot
height.

I don't have much experience with installing or splicing chain
link, I was hoping to get some pointers on the best way to proceed.

Best way to proceed is just leave it. In a few years the wood will
rot and you can just pull it out.

Not an option that works in this situation.

Otherwise:

https://www.familyhandyman.com/garde...ence/view-all/

Your above link pertains to repairing the top, horizontal bar of a
chain link fence, not the splicing of the fence fabric.

Thanks for trying.

Thought I saw it go on to discuss weaving in replacement links.
Nope, sorry.

Try this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fRV3YGuJ6o

I've seen it done on TOH.