Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dishwasher pong

On Friday, 5 January 2018 19:41:37 UTC, tabby wrote:
On Friday, 5 January 2018 16:37:33 UTC, Brian Reay wrote:
On 05/01/2018 16:16, tabbypurr wrote:

Have got complaints of a pongy dishwasher. Washed items come out smelly too. They've tried hot washes with washing up liquid, washing powder & bleach with no joy. Smells like drains. The hottest program it does is 70C. Any ideas where to go from here?

NT

Check the drain outlet pipe isn't blocked- pipe, however it gets to the
actual drain etc. Is there a U bend? Check it is clear etc.

Check there isn't any food etc caught in the drain filter at the bottom
of the cabinet.

We run a dishwasher cleaner thing through ours every now and then. A
little bottle of something you stand in it, run a max wash, (nothing
else in it).

Thanks everyone, I'll pass the info on. I don't wash dog balls in it

NT

We have news... it often has water in it when finished, so it looks like a drainage problem. It will be investigated soon.

thanks
NT