Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ACBs for the KMB1

On 1/5/2018 11:39 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
Anybody just happen to have a set of new old stock Fafnir MM9306WI2 DUH
ACBs they'ld sell relatively cheap?Â* I see one on Ebay, but its not
clear if its one bearing or a set.

I replaced the set on the XÂ* and its so smooth its scary.Â* It really
drew attention to the fact that the Y is not as smooth as it should be.

I guess I can't complain.Â* The machine is over 35 years old.

Timken replacements are pretty expensive.Â* RHPs are a little less.Â* If I
have to buy them I have to buy them, but that doesn't stop me from
shopping around a bit first.Â* Most MFGs don't seem to have the size at
all. 20 x 47 x 15.88 heavy preload.

Boca has a set that says light preload, but I'm not sure that's a good
idea.

Never mind. I decided I needed to get the machine going more than I
needed to cheap out. I went ahead and ordered a new stock RHP (owned by
NSK) substitute set from Locate Bearings, because I really couldn't wait
to find out if I could luck into another cheap set. I need to get my
machine back in service as quickly as possible.

Still the RHPs were about 45% cheaper than the Timken (Fafnir)
bearings, and the guy at Boca said they should be a really good bearing
even though he doesn't sell them.