Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default [OT] Replaceable chinaware?

On 04/01/18 21:54, charles wrote:
In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
On 03/01/2018 21:53, Tim Watts wrote:
I'm in the market for a new set of china plates etc.

However, what happens is one of many parts will get broken or at least
chipped badly in just a few years.

Does anyone sell long life designs - nothing fancy, plain is good
(thinking hotels and restaurants must demand sets that they can get new
parts for?)

It's either that or buy a backup set and keep that in the loft!

Denby tend to produce the same range for decades.

The trouble with things that have been made for ages is that it may cease
production just after you've bought some.

As Denby did ....in my case.

I think Marrakesh ran from about 1992 to 2006

BTSTGTTS ;-) I dropped a Marrakesh dinner plate and had to resort to
ebay for a replacement

To be fair it was not my favourite of their designs, but someone bought
us a couple of craftsman style mugs for a wedding present, and then
later we got bought some more tableware in the same design since "we
already had some like that". So the decision was made!

Still its has lasted exceedingly well after 20+ years - still looks
pristine, nothing chipped, and the glaze is still in first class
condition despite extensive dish washer exposure.

--
Cheers,

John.