Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ACBs for the KMB1

Anybody just happen to have a set of new old stock Fafnir MM9306WI2 DUH
ACBs they'ld sell relatively cheap? I see one on Ebay, but its not
clear if its one bearing or a set.

I replaced the set on the X and its so smooth its scary. It really
drew attention to the fact that the Y is not as smooth as it should be.

I guess I can't complain. The machine is over 35 years old.

Timken replacements are pretty expensive. RHPs are a little less. If I
have to buy them I have to buy them, but that doesn't stop me from
shopping around a bit first. Most MFGs don't seem to have the size at
all. 20 x 47 x 15.88 heavy preload.

Boca has a set that says light preload, but I'm not sure that's a good
idea.