Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Megger "funny"

On 05/01/2018 08:50, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
newshound explained :
Whatever, I guess I need a new megger, any views on the £30 Chinese
models from eBay, or should I be looking at a second hand Avo / Robin
/ Fluke etc? This is not for "professional" use, it probably only
comes out a couple of times a year.

I bought one years ago, unlikely the same model, but it did 1,000, 500
and 250v, with a low voltage resistance test, plus LCD display. I
checked the voltage droop under load and I must say it proved to be
quite well speced for holding up its voltage and accurately calibrated.

Thanks, that is encouraging.