Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electrical question

On Thursday, 4 January 2018 18:59:33 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 04/01/2018 00:01, wrote:
On 03/01/2018 20:30, ARW wrote:

Why not just fit a 13A socket from the existing power supply, plug
your wallwart into that and be done with it?

Well done that man! I'd assumed that having a 13A socket on the lighting
circuit was against some regulation (that I hadn't found) and failed to
engage brain. Thanks! Brain now engaged and I will stop thinking about
it (but I *will* add a label to the socket, for the benefit of whoever
is here next).

Having 13A socket on a lighting circuit is fine as long as it is not
going to be mistaken for a general purpose socket. An additional label
on the socket also helps.

I doubt that anyone is going to climb up and use your doorbell socket to
plug a toaster in:-)

Oh come on I'm sure some of us work with studenys, apprentices, YTS or whatever the lastest term is.

Monkey dust :- Kelly work experience
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERmdTGJxIhg