Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Aldi, the German discounter

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
news
Huge was thinking very hard :
An idea that would stop me going there. We've only been in the local
Aldi once, in search of decaf coffee, which they didn't have, so
we left.

It works rather well, the checkouts become busy, they put more tills on.
As it quietens, staff are diverted to topping shelves up. All staff wear a
communication system so can quickly help each other out. I find them
usually quicker than Tesco/ASDA/Sainsbury etc..

I don't with the operations with self checkouts.

It's the main thing I don't like about Aldi, no self checkouts.