Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default [OT] Replaceable chinaware?

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 03/01/18 22:21, DJC wrote:
On 03/01/18 21:53, Tim Watts wrote:
I'm in the market for a new set of china plates etc.

However, what happens is one of many parts will get broken or at least
chipped badly in just a few years.

Does anyone sell long life designs - nothing fancy, plain is good
(thinking hotels and restaurants must demand sets that they can get new
parts for?)

Try a catering range from Nisbets

https://www.nisbets.co.uk/tableware-...ockery/_/a33-2

They have a shop in Shaftesbury Avenue, or the mail order service is
good.

Thank you

I've also found Wedgewood mentioned elsewhere as being able to get spares
for at least some of their ranges long after. Some ranges have eye
watering prices, but some less so. We're simple folk - we don't need a
soup bowl, pasta bowl and cereal bowl - one type does us just fine.

I hardly ever use any bowl at all now.

2 plates, one small for cakes and toast, one full sized for dinner.

I prefer 3, tho the middle sized ones dont get used as much as the others.

I prefer Corelle, doesnt chip and easy to replace. I get white.

Cups and mugs and job done...

Dont bother with either, only drink water and beer and spirits now.

That's the problem with the random hotchpotch of crap we have now - it's
stuff from several different sets, nothing matches, nothing stacks well
due to varying sizes and types, takes up a huge amount of space as a
result.