Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Aldi, the German discounter

On 04/01/2018 16:32, alan_m wrote:
On 04/01/2018 14:13, John Rumm wrote:

I just load stuff on to the conveyor in the order I want it packed -
so frozen first, fridge next, etc - that way I can just fill bags in
real time at the other end.

I very much doubt that you can pack in the real time that the checkout
staff at a good Aldi/Lidl can scan.Â* I note in places like Asda the
staff actually slow right down to the rate of the person packing hence
making people in the queue wait even longer.

I reckon I can beat about two thirds of checkout staff. Careful
belt-loading is, as John says, one of the secrets. Having plenty of bags
is another.