Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default [OT] Replaceable chinaware?

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
On 04/01/18 10:19, wrote:
On Thu, 4 Jan 2018 02:07:59 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

On 04/01/2018 00:21, alan_m wrote:
On 03/01/2018 21:53, Tim Watts wrote:
I'm in the market for a new set of china plates etc.

It's a different world this is. Are you in the south? Our pots are
more-or-less all different. I don't think we've ever bought any plates
or owt.

At least one petrol chain was giving away plates* in the 70's after a
purchase of an amount fuel . Can't remember it was before or after
they decided that everyone needed a glass, probably because we all
needed to take a stiff drink at the sharp price increases.

Half our glasses came from those deals in the 70s - but we usually
managed to get a set of 4

I can remember a colleague being given a set as a "group" wedding present

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England