Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Replaceable chinaware?

On 04/01/18 00:21, alan_m wrote:
On 03/01/2018 21:53, Tim Watts wrote:
I'm in the market for a new set of china plates etc.

However, what happens is one of many parts will get broken or at least
chipped badly in just a few years.

Does anyone sell long life designs - nothing fancy, plain is good
(thinking hotels and restaurants must demand sets that they can get
new parts for?)

It's either that or buy a backup set and keep that in the loft!

Why bother with replacements - are you going to have formal banquets on
a regular basis? Its rather like having a best set of cutlery that sees
the light day once in a decade or more and is a complete waste of money!
When you die your relatives will only regard these prized possessions as
house clearance fodder.

Not really - this is every day use - and thus will get knocked about. So
rather than binning a whole set because I'm down to 3 plates, I'd rather
maintain a decent set for a long time.

Nothing worse than mismatching china...