Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default XP box

In message , T i m
writes
On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 21:15:59 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

Right! The old XP box has taken up space in our hall for too long. I am
told the space is needed for a row of wellington boots in readiness for
the next GC. visit!

Snip..
There has been occasional mention of alternative uses for PC power
supplies. I stopped playing with electronic components around the time
TTL came along so nothing springs to my mind.

If you needed a high current 12V DC supply to run some lights or a de-
rusting tank then you only need to short a couple of wires on the ATX
plug (green and black) to get it to power up and connect up the wires you
need (yellow is +12 and black (gnd) to your load and you are good to
go. ;-)

I'll process the PC and give it away for you if you don't get any other
takers. ;-)

That might be the simplest solution although I can hammer a nail through
the drive as well as anyone:-)

The de-rusting power supply is interesting but unlikely to happen as I
rely on the trusty angle grinder with a cup wheel brush.

Bits for R. Cott. is also interesting as I fully intended to pick your
brains:-) The spare routers are Technicolour TG582n PRO and Thomson
ST585 v6. Progress so far is to run cat6 cable here and there in
readiness.

--
Tim Lamb