Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT Hey Bod this one is for you

On 01/03/2018 01:54 PM, Oren wrote:
Comedian Ron White jokes about getting a semi truck wedged under an
overpass. Cop pulls up at the scene: "Are you stuck?"

Sadly that's more truth than comedy. Even if you can get out under your
own power you may have a long, long way to back out before you can turn
around, meaning you've just created the traffic jam from hell. A cop
really wants to believe there is a magic 'deflate' button so you can
continue forward and not ruin his day completely.

Chicago is famous for 12' underpasses. They are also famous for people
who when you call for directions explain how they get to the warehouse
-- in their Prius.

I had a guy in Pittsburg give me a ration of **** because I couldn't
make a turn down an alley to get to his loading dock. "Can't you drive?
What kind of truck do you have? Nobody else has problems." When I told
him I had a truck with a 53' trailer he said "Oh ****! You not even
supposed to be in the city with one of those." I drove around the block,
parked on the sidewalk, and we took his furniture in through the front
door. The passing cops studiously ignored the elephant on the sidewalk.
On my way out I went through a construction project. Those guys looked
at the truck and started moving barricades and cones.

Last time I was in Pittsburg. Don't ever need to go back.