Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT Hey Bod this one is for you

On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 11:40:40 -0700, rbowman wrote:

On 01/03/2018 07:21 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Then you live in the wrong place . Up here in our area (southern Ozark
Mountains)if you slow your reaction times you'll end up in the ditch -
or dead , depending on which curve you miss . Giggle "Push Mountain
Road" for an example of the roads we ride regularly

My experience with Ozark roads was the one going up Petit Jean Mountain
-- in an 18-wheeler. The damn Trucker Atlas said it was a truck route
but on further reflection everything in Arkansas is marked as a truck
route.

I needed a wrecker to extract me after the drive wheels on my side left
the pavement on one hairpin. The angle between the tractor and the
trailer was so sharp the whole mess couldn't roll down the mountain like
it really wanted to.

The wrecker already had his anchor points set up. He'd been there before
many times. The month before he had extracted a wide load that the state
had routed that way.

You can make it if you hug the outside of the hairpins and the hell with
the lane markings.

Comedian Ron White jokes about getting a semi truck wedged under an
overpass. Cop pulls up at the scene: "Are you stuck?"

"I did not climb to the top of the food chain to eat carrots." -- Ron
White