Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Electrical question

I'm always finding fuses of many sizes in plugs stopping working recently
after about 10 years. the all just fell to bits in that the wire inside came
off the end.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
On Tuesday, 2 January 2018 23:10:04 UTC, wrote:
I need to replace an ancient bell/call box power supply with a modern
wallwart. The original transformer (from the 1930s, with internal fuses
in both L and N) was wired into the lighting circuit. It would be very
difficult to get non-lighting power to this location (near the ceiling,
in the kitchen), I don't have space for a fused spur and I can't find a
13A socket with a built-in fuse. I'm planning on using a standard 13A
socket, fitting an internal 500mA in-line fuse and adding a suitable
label to the socket.
What does the jury think?

won't be a problem. But any mains fuse below 3A does fail in time.

NT