Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flip Phone Forever

On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 4:07:08 PM UTC-6, Tekkie® wrote:
posted for all of us...

On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 15:39:53 -0500, Tekkie®
wrote:

Mark Lloyd posted for all of us...

On 12/28/2017 07:00 PM,
wrote:

[snip]

If that doesn't work you just need to add the router for which carrier
they have. verison is VTEXT.COM )

I've been using that a lot, since it's easier to write a text on a
device with a regular keyboard.

More complex texts, like with embedded pictures go to vzwpix.com.

My only problem is how does one receive texts-like replies.
I like texting because it's a written form of communication.

Another somewhat related question is how does one print texts?

When people reply to my "texts" I am not even sure they know it is
Email on my end and from a PC printing is trivial.
Not sure what you can do from a phone but if you have a wifi attached
printer there should be a data path.
I don't know about anything you can put in your purse.

Hey, hey, hey I don't have a purse... No wifi printer; I will investigate.. I
could attach the dumbphone to the PC...
--
Tekkie

I have a couple of magicJacks. One of them is the original USB only version and the other is the magicJack Plus which has both a USB plug and an Ethernet jack so it can connect directly to a router. If I go to the hospital, I can plug my main magicJack into my laptop, plug in a standard POTS phone and make and receive phone calls via the fast WiFi at the hospital. I get my calls wherever I have an Internet connection. My original magicJack is my decoy number that I give out to websites that insist on a valid phone number for access. All the telemarketing calls go to my main Email account as voicemail so I can screen them. I laugh at and delete the majority of them. $35.00 per magicJack a year for unlimited local and long distance service isn't a bad deal. I bought my first magicJack back in 2007 when they first became available and haven't looked back. Screw POTS lines and AT&T. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Phonetic Monster