Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Electrical question

On 02/01/2018 23:17, Robin wrote:
On 02/01/2018 23:10, wrote:
I need to replace an ancient bell/call box power supply with a modern
wallwart. The original transformer (from the 1930s, with internal
fuses in both L and N) was wired into the lighting circuit. It would
be very difficult to get non-lighting power to this location (near the
ceiling, in the kitchen), I don't have space for a fused spur and I
can't find a 13A socket with a built-in fuse. I'm planning on using a
standard 13A socket, fitting an internal 500mA in-line fuse and adding
a suitable label to the socket.
What does the jury think?

Can you not use a bell transformer? Eg

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TCTR7.html

I could, but I've already got a suitable wallwart