Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Some not so quick... quick and easy Christmas presents.

On Sun, 31 Dec 2017 11:01:52 -0500, Michael A Terrell
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 31 Dec 2017 05:02:20 -0500, Michael A Terrell
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A Terrell wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

One of the "Here, hold my beer and watch this. I is a Injuneer!"
types, eh?

No, it was more like, 'They hired me to run this place, and you
just want to spend money.' One year they announced that due to the
purchase of a large competitor, there would be no bonus checks that
year, except for the managers. He was waving a $50 check in our
faces as another check fell out of the Fedex envelope. It had my
name on it. He laughed and said, If I only got $50, your check must
just be $5. I opened it and said, You're right. It is $500.00. Mine
was ten times what he got, because of the extra time that I put in,
and the money that I had saved the company.

Beautiful. LOL

I made time and a half, and double and a half for overtime, and
overtime on holidays. I was working 112 hours a week. Everything past 40
hours was overtime. That was over 1300 a week, before taxes, if there
wasn't a holiday. This was over 30 years ago. I got paid every other
week, and one time it was three months before I could deposit my checks.

Egad!

The teller dropped the pile of checks and asked me to marry her. I
told her I was too tired to even think about it, so she counter-offered
with a weekend in Vegas, with a promise that I'd never forget it. She
was right. It would have killed me, and she would have taken the rest of
that cash.

g Golddiggers earn 3 limp thumbs from me. Take a photo of 'em and
paste the face on a Playboy foldout. It's a whole lot cheaper, you
avoid the whole drama, and there are no attorney bills.

She had a face and a body that could have been a centerfold. I was
so exhausted that she could have stripped right there, and I would have
walked away. It was cutting into my precious sleep time. A week or two

Yeah, the gorgeous ones are the worst. Remember that old song "Never
make a pretty woman your wife."? Spot on.

later I blacked out while driving in heavy traffic in Cincinnati. I
drove five miles, in about 15 minutes, and I didn't remember one second
of it. I was sitting at a red light, and the next ting I knew, I had
slammed on the brakes to keep from hitting some idiot in a brand new
Lincoln who had cut me off. This was near the end of the overtime. I

That's bad, bad, bad. You got lucky, Mikey.

told the manager what happened. The brainless SOB just laughed and told
me that I would get used to the blackouts. I gave him an ultimatum.
Either he hired a second tech by that Monday, or he could hire 20,
because I would be gone and they would have to start the department
over. I was yelling loud enough that the entire staff heard me, and a
threat to call the Ohio Ste Labor Relations Board to file a complaint
about the mandatory overtime.

LOL.

He hired somebody from a place that repaired TV tuners.

That kept in line with his knowledge level, I suppose.

--
Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark.

In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and
the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish
and leave only frustration for the life you deserved, but
never have been able to reach.

The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real,
it is possible, it is yours.
-- Ayn Rand