Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Really slick tool.

On 1/1/2018 9:05 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 9:47:43 PM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/1/18 7:38 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 7:52:56 PM UTC-5,
wrote:
I've been working on the power in my basement (adding a couple of
circuits and lights for the shop) and have been using a new wire
stripper.Â* The thing is really slick for stripping NM cable and
working inside boxes.Â* I've had some others that work OK, until
they're dropped or are used to try to bend wire.Â* Once they get
whacked, they're never the same.Â* These are strong enough that
that doesn't happen.Â* Nice!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-NM-Wire-Strippers-48-22-3070/206865418

Nice! I love the "live circuit" warning on the pivot point. ;-)

I have an expensive set of pliers/wire cutters that I used to wire my
house, 25 years ago.
I still have them.Â* But when I was cutting through a run of romex in the
attic that I "swore" I switched off power to... well, let's just say
that after a pop and a puff of smoke, I turned them into 12ga wire
strippers.Â*Â* :-)

Well, that's one way to put a "notch" in them. ;-)

Hate it when that happens, -MIKE-.Â* I imagine you may have altered your
skivvies as well.

Ha! It happened too fast for any reaction, really.
It wasn't until I tried to move the pliers that I realized what happened.
They were "spot welded" to the wire a little bit. When I wiggled them
off the wire, that's when I saw the perfectly round notch in the cutter.

Thanks God for circuit breakers!

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)