Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Tumble dryers revisited.

On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 21:25:24 +0000, Vir Campestris
wrote:

On 28/12/2017 01:20, T i m wrote:
If it leaks humidity we may have to run the de-humidifier
and that reduces the efficiency a bit?

AFAIK they all leak humidity.

I'd design it with a closed cycle air system. They don't seem to do that
- they heat fresh air, then cool it again on the way out to extract some
of the moisture. Not all of it.

I think our vented TD also leaks a little bit of humidity but most of
that is probably because it's not pretty old and quite worn (felt
seals etc).

Luckily, dealing with the potential issues of condenser dryers can now
wait for a while as we got the old vented one going (again). ;-)

Cheers, T i m