Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best Blade for "Cultured Marble"

On 1/1/2018 4:39 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 31 Dec 2017 17:25:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 12/31/2017 5:20 PM, croy wrote:
For making a half-dozen short (5") cuts in cultured marble, what kind of blade should I get for
use on a table saw. I've heard recommendations to use a 7 1/4" blade on a 10" table saw to get
the surface speed down, but nothing about the best type of blade. Carbide finishing? Carbide
metal-cutting? Or???

Diamond blade on a wet saw . Your table saw ain't gonna cut it (pun
intended) . Oh all right , use a fine tooth carbide 10" and feed very
slowly . Then clean that dust out thoroughly , it's very abrasive .

I could be wrong; mostly always mistaken, but how about a 4" diamond
blade on an angle grinder for a half dozen cuts five inches long?

I'd never consider a table saw.

Â* I wouldn't either , but then I have a tile saw . The OP might
consider a bimetal bandsaw blade on a SLOW speed - that is a metal
cutting - bandsawÂ* or possibly a miter saw . I recently cut 2 holes in a
CM top (for the washstand in our New Master Bath - this is an actual
antique washstand with a new CM slab on top) for plumbing . I used a
bimetal hole saw in my battery drill on slow speed .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on