Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default OT(ish) - toilet pan design

On 01/01/2018 21:06, David wrote:

Our RAK toilets have a broad pan, a narrow throat with vertical sides, and
a flat bottom (insert joke of choice here).

I have a RAK designed toilet and I wouldn't get the same design again.
A broad squared off pan at the front with a near horizontal surface with
a throat at the back with very steep sides. What tends to happen is the
**** gets deposited in the horizontal bit of the pan (for inspection)
and then flushed down to the throat afterwards. Not too bad with a firm
poo but diarrhea tends to stick like **** and requires the brush to tidy
up the remains. The skid marks are at the front of the pan rather than
in the throat. The only advantage seems to be that a flush always
disposes of all the paper when too much has been used - unlike the pan
it replaced which was a more traditional design.

Just wondering if there is an issue with the toilet design we have, and if
most toilets don't have this problem.

Yes it's the design.