Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Tumble dryers revisited.

T i m wrote:

On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 15:06:02 -0000, Terry Casey
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 31 Dec 2017 12:32:33 -0800 (PST), wrote:

OOI, have you ever seen or used a cooler box that works by the
evaporation of water because I haven't? shrug

When I was young and domestic fridges were the exception
rather than the rule, my mum had a butter cooler which worked
on that principle.

It was an unglazed porcelain urn with matching lid which was
half filled with water and a glass container that fitted in
the top to hold the butter.

I'm quite sure that larger versions were made as it was a
simple but effective way of achieving the objective.

Now you mention it it does remind me of that sort of solution. Not
sure I've seen a camping cooler box in that form though. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Inverted, soaked, unglazed pots for milk bottles to keep them cool for
people who were out when the milkman came used to be commonplace.

--

Roger Hayter