Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Odell[_2_] Nick Odell[_2_] is offline

Default Another photographic question...

On 31/12/17 14:45, Nick Odell wrote:
Digital this time.

I've discovered "tram lines" (well, a single tram line) about one
pixel wide running vertically through a series of images I've taken at
night using long exposures. No sign of the same effect in ordinary
pictures taken in ordinary conditions. Unfortunately I'm currently
about 8,000 miles away from where I've stored the other night-time
pictures taken with the same camera but I don't recall seeing tram
lines previously.

I'm wondering if this is a known effect with low light levels and CCD
devices or something else is happening?

When I took some seriusly long exposures pitctuers at might, I thought I
had detyected colour atrts, until I got te same strats against a hill
with a fox on iy.

CCDs are not perfect - sounds like one of te coulums is sub par

I take a lot of photos using roll film so I'm used to tackling tram
lines in that context but in digital? What's going on?

Camera is an old Fujifilm S1500 with a 10Mp sensor, if that's relevant.

Thanks,

Nick
PS, please don't infer anything from any lack of response from me at
any time. We've had several bouts of periods of days without
electricity out here and no electricity = no internet so connecting to
uk.d-i-y can be an issue somethimes.

Thanks. That's useful to know.

Nick