Ron Rosen

Default Article on anchoring a door sill into concrete in basement?

I had seen a usenet article here about a month or two ago about what I also
wanted to do but I cannot locate the article/thread any more.

The thread was about adding a door sill/threshhold to a doorway between the
basement and garage. The floor beneath the wood door was concrete. I
believe the poster asked if a wood or aluminum sill would be better and also
asked for thoughts on how to install it (anchoring it, sealing it, etc.).

I have almost this exact same task to do (I have a solid wood door too) and
was hoping someone could either point me to the original post/thread or give
me similar answers/ideas on doing this job myself. i.e. how to ancor it in
the concrete, what to use for sealant, etc. I know I'll have to shorten the
wood door by a bit and I would use a portable circulat saw for this - do I
need a specific blade to cut the door (# teeth, etc.)?

The wood door sills I've seen at Home Depot are either 3 5/8" or 4 5/8"
width. Does this matter or is it a personal preference thing? I could
replace the wood door with a steel door but then I'd have to replace the
whole wood framing too so I'd prefer not to.

Thanks!
Ron