Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael A Terrell Michael A Terrell is offline

Default Some not so quick... quick and easy Christmas presents.

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A Terrell wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

One of the "Here, hold my beer and watch this. I is a Injuneer!"
types, eh?

No, it was more like, 'They hired me to run this place, and you
just want to spend money.' One year they announced that due to the
purchase of a large competitor, there would be no bonus checks that
year, except for the managers. He was waving a $50 check in our
faces as another check fell out of the Fedex envelope. It had my
name on it. He laughed and said, If I only got $50, your check must
just be $5. I opened it and said, You're right. It is $500.00. Mine
was ten times what he got, because of the extra time that I put in,
and the money that I had saved the company.

Beautiful. LOL

I made time and a half, and double and a half for overtime, and
overtime on holidays. I was working 112 hours a week. Everything past 40
hours was overtime. That was over 1300 a week, before taxes, if there
wasn't a holiday. This was over 30 years ago. I got paid every other
week, and one time it was three months before I could deposit my checks.

The teller dropped the pile of checks and asked me to marry her. I
told her I was too tired to even think about it, so she counter-offered
with a weekend in Vegas, with a promise that I'd never forget it. She
was right. It would have killed me, and she would have taken the rest of
that cash.