Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Some not so quick... quick and easy Christmas presents.

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 09:39:51 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 08:00:00 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"

...manufacturers' data sheets ...

That's the correct way. We knuckle busters installed circuit
breakers
in cars with hi-power stereos because transient currents could and
would break normal fusing. That was before they were running enough
amperage and speakerage to blow the hatches half an inch off their
seals. I can't imagine the overpressure in the vehicle, matched
with
the decibels of the Rap (which I still refuse to call "music") does
their brains or bodies any good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_weapon

g Here's another similar machine/procedu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cU-NJMBbIg I understand that the
patient feels like they've been severely beaten-up afterward, but
that's preferable to the kidney stone.

I read an automotive paper about vehicle suspension frequencies to
avoid because they could unpleasantly resonate internal organs. I
couldn't generate them at a high enough power level to notice
anything, although my stereo can rattle the doors and windows.

The heavy and flexible cable for car audio has been useful in my
alternate energy projects.

Did you finance it through the bank? They don't give that flexible,
oxygen-free (snort) copper wire away.

P.S: Watch out on both Ebay and Amazon when buying copper wire. Over
half the stuff for sale today is AL, or copper-plated AL. Watch the
weight. The vendors were calling it "copper" when it was CCA.

--
Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark.

In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and
the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish
and leave only frustration for the life you deserved, but
never have been able to reach.

The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real,
it is possible, it is yours.
-- Ayn Rand