Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toasters

On Saturday, 30 December 2017 20:02:32 UTC, Roger Hayter wrote:
On 2017-12-30, RJH wrote:

As (I'd guess) one of the biggest
consumers of domestic electricity,

What utter ********.

https://www.carbonfootprint.com/energyconsumption.html

Which confirms (assuming that this site isn't itself utter ********)
that your assertion is indeed utter ********. Are you harry?

Not sure how long you want to do this. Do you want to discredit the site
first? Or do you want me to give you the average consumption across
appliances, and compare that with the kettle? (I think we're on safe

Their claim that the average kettle boils 4.2 litres a day seems rather
excessive.

NT

Ours does easily twice that. In fact, rather more, but I am discounting
the amount boiled by people who habitually overfill it for the task at
hand.

a sample of one is immaterial