Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Is cavity wall insulation frowned upon?

I think I need to have underfloor insulation and one of my Chimneys is
making plasstic flapping noises so I guess its that time again to find a
bloke who can fit a chimney balloon, on the other hand of course I could
just buy a cheap roll of bubblewrap and shove it up the hole with the end of
a broom?

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"charles" wrote in message
In article , AlanC
wrote:

My mother-in-law recently moved house. Her old house had cavity wall
insulation, which she had fitted about 5 years ago as part of one of
these government energy saving schemes.

As part of the move, she had to have one of those EPC reports which
correctly stated that insulation was retro-fitted into the cavity.

As part of the move, she had to fill in a questionair which asked all the
usual things about who owned what fence etc. One of the questions was
about cavity wall insualtion. It asked when it was fitted and why.

Are there any other reasons other than energy saving to fit cavity wall
insulation?

It keeps elephants out

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England