Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Christmas Snake Oil anyone ?. (V expensive mains extensionblock).

On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 03:27:47 -0800, spuorgelgoog wrote:

On Saturday, 30 December 2017 10:25:49 UTC, wrote:
Plowmen, Smith, Knight , Miller,Thatcher,Slater, Woodburn,Tanner are
other occupational names that go back centuries yet despite its
influence on our lives the Industrial revolution of the past 3
centuries doesn't seem to have created many that I can quickly think
of.

Most people already had established surnames by the time of the
Industrial Revolution.

Of course in Wales you will find Dai Sparks, Dai Tractors and Dai
Websites in the pub.

Reminds me of the old story:

A Russian spy was dropped by parachute in the Welsh hills with
instructions to contact a Mr Jones in the small village of Llanfair and
give him the coded message: €œThe tulips are blooming well today.€

Arriving at the village he asked a small boy where Mr Jones lived and was
directed to a small cottage.

He knocked on the door and the owner emerged: €œAre you Mr Jones?€

€œI am.€

€œThe tulips are blooming well today.€

Mr Jones stared at him in amazement then smiled: €œAh, you must have the
wrong house.

€œIt's Jones the Spy you want.€

wish to copy them they can pay me Β£1 a message.