Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S[_2_] R D S[_2_] is offline

Default Glass conservatory style roof on kitchen?

Our kitchen sticks out of the back of the left side of the house and is
quite small. As was our neighbour's.

outside
__________
| |
_____ | |
| | gap | |
| |_____| |
| | |
| | |
our house neighbour

The neighbours have had an pretty large extension so their kitchen spans
the whole of the boundary, so now there is a wall to the right of our house.

We've been thinking of having a conservatory built in the gap between,
but now thinking of knocking the kitchen out and extending across in a
similar way they have, albeit smaller.

So we are now wondering whether to build the lot in a conservatory style
and have a glass roof.

Any opinions on this, anyone done similar?

Or any opinions generally, thanks.