Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Double insulated cooker hood trips RCD

On 2017-12-29, John Rumm wrote:
On 29/12/2017 11:41, Lee wrote:
On 29/12/2017 11:18, Huge wrote:

[17 lines snipped]

Just to cheer you up even more, we've been trying to track down a
similar fault for 2 years now.

Great. So the consensus would appear to be no point in changing the
cooker hood because it's something else.

Fair enough. At the aesthetic cost of a bit of trunking I'll put it on a
non-RCD circuit and I'll wait until the next time to see if the real
culprit shows up.
At a no doubt inconvenient time.

It would probably only take 15 mins to go through each circuit in the CU
and do a quick N to E resistance check...

No fault found. Put CU back together.

Which means you have eliminated one possible cause of problems.

Trips again the following day.

And still have another to find, although one less than previously! ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.