Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default "Electronic Transformer" ... as 12V PSU?

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 11:35:12 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

T i m wrote:

A mate gave me the 12V 7A laptop type PSU a good while back but I
doubt it is a good one or able to maintain 7A. I might rig up a feed
using my variable bench PSU and see what it actually draws worst-case
and get something that can cope with that easily.

Distress purchase

Hehe ..

if you need one before the world gets back to normal,

;-)

and can measure that 5A would suffice?

http://maplin.co.uk/p/psu-n63jn

Thanks for that Andy ... and could be a solution (even at that 'sea'
price) if it's likely to be a 'good' / quality item?

It's like when you buy these replacement laptop PSUs and they weigh a
fraction of the original. ;-(

Cheers, T i m